|Home|||||Regional Data/Covid Tracking|||||Aging & Disability|||||Community Development|||||Economic Development|||||Public Transportation|||||Contact Us / New Notices|
- Aging Home Page
- Options for Community Living
- Nutrition & Meals
- SHIP/SMP: Medicare Help
- Public Guardian/Conservator
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- TennCare CHOICES
- Elder Abuse Prevention
- Emergency Repair Program
for the Elderly
- Caregiver Support
- Legal Aid
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Health Departments
- Senior Centers
- Assistance Request
- Helpful Links
The South Central Tennessee AAAD has two programs designed to assist our constituents with the difficulties of managing their Medicare.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) and Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
The Tennessee State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is part of a nationwide program that provides free and objective counseling and information about Medicare and related health insurance issues.
Local SHIP counselors and volunteers are trained to help Medicare recipients and their families navigate their way through an overwhelming amount of information about Medicare benefits. SHIP provides:
- Consumer Guidance - [By telephone or in a One-on-One appointment] Help evaluating your options, making informed decisions & making referrals to appropriate agencies for more assistance.
- Annual Open Enrollment Period [Oct 15 - Dec 7, each year] - Counselors can help you do a drug plan comparison so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision about what Prescription Drug Plan will work best for you in the next year.
- Community Outreach & Education - ABC's & D's of Medicare Class and other Presentations, Health Fairs, trainings, and distributing educational materials and information.
- Application Assistance - Help completing applications for Medicare Savings Programs & Part D Extra Help. Some beneficiaries may be eligible for assistance paying their prescription drug costs through the Extra Help program. Medicare Saving Programs help with paying other Medicare costs.
For assistance with your Medicare questions, to be screened for extra help or to sign up for the ABC's & D's of Medicare class,
call SHIP Toll Free: 1-877-801-0044 Local: 1-931-379-2927 FAX: 1-931-379-2685 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennessee Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) is a statewide program that empowers seniors to prevent healthcare fraud.
SMP helps seniors learn to: Protect... Detect... Report!
- Protect yourself from Medicare errors, fraud, & abuse
- Learn to detect potential errors, fraud & abuse
- If you suspect that you have been a target of errors, fraud or abuse, how to report it.
For more information or to report a problem call your local SHIP/SMP office at 1-877-801-0044 or call the TN SMP hotline at 1-866-836-7677
in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).
SCTDD is an equal opportunity provider and employer
© 2015, South Central Tennessee Development District (SCTDD)