|Home|||||Regional Data/Covid Tracking|||||Aging & Disability|||||Community Development|||||Economic Development|||||Public Transportation|||||Contact Us / New Notices|
- Aging Home Page
- Options for Community Living
- Nutrition & Meals
- SHIP/SMP: Medicare Help
- Public Guardian/Conservator
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- TennCare CHOICES
- Elder Abuse Prevention
- Emergency Repair Program
for the Elderly
- Caregiver Support
- Legal Aid
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Health Departments
- Senior Centers
- Assistance Request
- Helpful Links
About The Aging & Department
The South Central Tennessee Area Agency of Aging and Disability (AAAD) is the organization designated by the Tennessee Commission on Aging & Disability to develop a comprehensive and coordinated community based system in South Central Tennessee to serve and represent people who are 60 years of age or older and adults with physical disabilities.
The role of the AAAD is to serve as advocates for the elderly and disabled adult population and to establish awareness of this role before the public and other organizations. When you call the AAAD, a professional resource specialist will provide you with accurate, up-to-date information about community resources and support. All calls are confidential, and there is no charge for information.
If a senior or an adult with a physical disability has a need contact us, even if you don't see what you're looking for on our website, we may be able to help!
AAAD specialists can help individuals with diverse needs:
- Older Persons
- Persons with disabilities age 18 and older
- Family members and caregivers
- Persons who would benefit from options counseling for long-term care/support
- Professionals in the fields of healthcare, education, social services and advocacy
How May We Help You
Our services are varied, and can help our constituents in numerous areas:
- In-Home Services: Support services, such as home-delivered meals, homemaker or personal care services, to help you or a loved one remain home as long as possible
- Medicare & Other Health Insurance: Free one-on-one counseling and assistance with Medicare and other health-related insurance products
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman: Assists residents and their families with resolving complaints in long-term care facilities such as nursing homes, assisted living centers and boarding homes
- Senior Centers: Information on recreation, education and health promotion activities for older adults in your community
The Area Agency's mission is to assure that the 60+ population and the 18+ population with physical disabilities in this thirteen-county district have the opportunity to realize their full potential and to participate completely in community life, work opportunities, and to receive appropriate support services as needed to maintain their independence as long as possible.
in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).
SCTDD is an equal opportunity provider and employer
© 2015, South Central Tennessee Development District (SCTDD)